Today in our monthly Catalyst Gathering we discussed a great book and approach to ministry. The book is entitled Simple Church and challenges the reader to turn from a complex approach to ministry and to simplify. The four main aspects we talked about today are:
Here’s a few challenging quotes from the book:
- “If there is no measurement, the people within the organization will not internalize the severity and urgency of it.”
- “Complex church leaders are programmers. Programmers focus on one program at a time. Designers focus on the movement between programs.
- “It is not enough to unite the church around the same what (purpose), but they also must be aligned on the same how (process).”
- “Jack Welch became the CEO of General Electric and he made a bold statement. GE would be number one or number two in every market, or they would eliminate that part of the business. They would focus only where they could be the best.”
Finally, here are some things that might help you better grasp this Simple Church process:
- Simple Church – The entire book online…for FREE.
- My ‘Cliff Notes’ of the Four Aspects of the Simple Church Process