DOWNLOAD HANDOUTS AT NEWTHING.ORG
THREE SIGNIFICANT REPRODUCING ADVANCES – Dave Ferguson
- Church Planting
- Church Plants grow 23x faster
- 10x the number of conversions
- In 1990, there were 10 Multi-Site Churches
- in 1998, there were 100 Multi-Site Churches
- In 2004, there were about 1500 Multi-Site Churches
- 1 out of 4 megachurches are multi-site
- 7 of the 10 fastest growing churches are multi-site
- 9 of the 10 largest churches are multi-site
- Winning is no longer seen as just larger size, but reproduction is now seen as winning.
SHIFTS TOWARD BECOMING A REPRODUCING CHURCH – Dave Ferguson
- Making a shift from church growth to being a missional movement.
- You value the new more than the old.
- You value the edge more than the center.
- You value the lost more than the found.
- You value the going more than the staying.
- From ministry managers to spiritual entrepreneurs.
- Making a shift from being Reactive to Proactive
- It’s not about 80% full
- It’s about artist and leader readiness – with the need to reproduce, we must produce more and better leaders & artists.
- Moving from Addition to Multiplication
CHARACTERISTICS OF A MOVEMENT – Alan Hirsch
- There is movement.
- There is a Structure Network
- The is no center/authority is decentralized
- Each component has the same DNA and is able to reproduce the whole.
- Spider vs. Starfish
- Just like a starfish, each aspect of a movement should be able to reproduce.