Steve Andrews is the founding pastor of Kensington Community Church and director of Vision 20/20.
What do we want to be giving our emerging leaders and church planters that have not been given in the past?
- Permission to say no.
- Saying no means you have a crystal clear vision of what you are called to do.
- Saying no means saying yes to a committed path.
- New churches falter and die on this principle because they never learn to say no.
- The people of a church don’t belong to a pastor, they belong to the work of God.
- We need to challenge our people to go and follow God.
- We should always be seeing the greatness in others.
- Go means you release people.
- No ego.
- We might train people to perform with excellence, but with they lay down their life?
- Our mission is to transfer the ‘No Ego’ of Jesus and transfer it to our emerging leaders and church planters.
- We should live open-handed.
- What are we saving for? Give it all away.
- We must not only give away everything in our jars, but our jars should also be broken.