In our weekly MCM pastor’s meetings at Panera we are currently discussing different growth barriers that keep our churches from reaching their full potential. The barrier we working through right now is ‘Growing Yourself’.
One good way to grow yourself is by following different blogs, especially those that deal with weaknesses you have. Below I’ve listed different suggested blogs with their topics – dive on in!!
- Seth Godin: The best marketing blogger on the web.
- Church Marketing Sucks: The blog’s title pretty much says it all.
- Leadership Development
- Leadership Now: This is a great leadership blog that often gives you brief summaries of the best & latest leadership books.
- Tony Morgan: Tony came out of the political world to begin working in the church. He has a very balanced perspective on leadership and the church.
- Creative Ministry Ideas/Insights
- Access Elevation: This is a collaborative blog of the staff at Elevation Church, an explosive church in Charlotte, NC.
- Monday Morning Insights: This is a blog written mostly by Todd Rhoades, a staffer from the ministry powerhouse, Leadership Network.
- Church Planting
- Dave Ferguson: Dave is the Lead Pastor of Community Christian Church (a truly reproducing church), president of the New Thing Network and the Exponential Church Planting Conference!
- Process Ministry: A collaborative blog of 25 church planters from around the country (including our very own Jeff Leake!).
- Pastor’s with Valuable Insights
- Craig Groeschel: Craig pastors Lifechurch.tv, the leading multi-site church in the nation. What I appreciate about his blog is he is so down to earth and his blog posts are simple & to the point – no three page books!
- Steven Furtick: This guy is only 28, planted a church that only 2 years in has over 2,000 people and is one ball of energy!
Are there additional blogs you would recommend?
Perry Noble perrynoble.com
Mark Beeson http://www.markbeeson.com/mark_beeson/
Scot Hodge scotthodge,org
Tim Stevens http://www.leadingsmart.com/leadingsmart/
Ben Arment benarment.com
Hey Nick. Do you remember me from your days at Derry?
Hey Stacy! Of course I remember you!!