I taught at our Millvale Neighborhood Group tonight. It was a great time and had the chance to talk about ‘What components make up the gospel?’ Here were some of my thoughts:
- Three components of the gospel:
- God is love and loves His Creation.
- We’ve messed up and all made mistakes.
- God’s love is so great that, through Christ’s sacrifice, He’s chosen to redeem our mistakes rather then condemn them.
- These components may not be shared all in one conversation, but can be discussed with a person over weeks, months or even years.
- In sharing our faith we are really sharing how our story has intersected with God’s story in a beautiful collision.
- God’s love for this world is so great that He chooses not to rid the world of all evil, but rather to constantly be working to redeem it.
- We do not aim at leading a person through a simple ‘prayer of salvation’ – our goal is to lead them through a growing relationship with Christ.
Give Your Two Cents Here!