There’s no way to explain what the Catalyst Conference is like in one short post, but I’ll just say it is two days of non-stop creativity, incredible worship and hearing from some of the top leaders in our nation. With that said, here are some of my favorite quotes of the conference:
- Andy Stanley, “The power of moral authority is alignment between what you say and do.”
- William Paul Young, “God is in the midst of our ‘shack’ and He wants to heal us – not because He wants to use us, but because He loves us.”
- Jim Collins, “Greatness is not a function of the cards we’re dealt. It is first and foremost a result of our conscious decisions and discipline.”
- Steven Furtick, “God’s preparing you for what He’s preparing for you.”
- Seth Godin, “I want to challenge you all to be heretics. Heretics challenge religion and promote faith.”
- Props to Seth Godin for giving away a copy of his yet-to-be-released book, Tribes, to everyone at Catalyst – this had to have been a huge expense for him.
- Craig Groeschel, “When you don’t have It you have to do something drastic to get It back. ”
- “We need God to stretch us, but before He can stretch us He needs to heal us…And before He can heal us, He has to ruin us.”
- Tim Sanders, “If not you, then who? If not now, then when?”
- Dave Ramsey, “A successful leader develops and maintains a culture in which negatives are handed up and positives are handed down and laterally.”
- Franklin Graham, “It’s not your gospel, it’s God’s gospel. It’s not your invitation, it’s God’s invitation.”
- Matt Chandler, “If you contextualize too far…you’re just a rotary club.”
- Andy Stanley, “Become preoccupied with thos you haven’t reached as opposed to those you are trying to keep.”
If you’ve never gone to Catalyst, I would highly recommend it! So much wisdom, creativity and opportunity to meet some great, young leaders!!