I had a great first day at the church planting boot camp up in Michigan. We had a lot of good teaching today on being a successful church planting coach. Here’s a few takeaways:
- “A coach helps you think through the options before making those big decisions.”
- “He who talks most listens least.” –Steve Ogne
- “Don’t be afraid of silence. A ‘pregnant pause’ can give birth to new insights.”
- “The most effective way to influence both individual and institutional behavior is to ask questions.” -Lyle Schaller
- “I just keep asking questions until God shows up.” -Dianne Gonzales
In addition to some great teaching, I also had a chance to meet-up with some good friends in the church planting world (Trinity Jordan, Steve & Mary Beth Bradshaw and Tim Satryan)!
Give Your Two Cents Here!