In my last post, I talked about recruiting and to continue this series, here are a few questions I like to have answered when interviewing for interns:
- What’s their story? I like to hear how our internship program would fit into the flow of their life story.
- Are they currently doing what they feel called to do? A student should not be experiencing ministry involvement for the first time on their internship.
- How do they view themselves? It’s important for them to be able to verbalize what their strengths and weaknesses are.
- What are their expectations for the internship and how does that fit into their overall life goals? I want to make sure their expectations realistically align with what our internship will offer. If you get this wrong, you’ll have a really frustrated intern.
- How do they work with others? In our setting, they’ll be working with other interns as well as our pastoral staff. If they don’t work well with others, it’s going to be a long 12 weeks.
Nick – hey…one of my co-workers stumbled upon your blog. I enjoyed reading your comments on Interns…I’ve just start doing some recruiting for interns with YWAM-Madison (WI) and found your thoughts really helpful.
YWAM-Madison Campus Ministries
I want to be an intern!