This morning at our MCM Pastors’ Christmas Party, I gave a brief teaching on God’s call on our lives. In the teaching, I talked about three questions we all need to ask ourselves:
1. Why Me?
- Of the 6 billion people in the world today, why did God choose you to serve in this role?
- There is something unique about each of us. What is it that sets you apart from others?
- Discovering the answer to this question, builds confidence – not in yourself, but in a God who would choose you.
2. Why This?
- Ephesians 2:10, “For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
- God has been using every experience and influential person to mold and shape you for this role.
- We often read blogs, listen to podcasts and attend conferences, and we can learn so much from the wisdom of others. The pressure for us, though, is to try and imitate exactly what another successful ministry is doing.
- But ultimately they aren’t called to your city – you are. God called you to minister to the youth, or pastor the church. Why? Because He believes in you.
3. Why Now?
- In the whole scope of history, God has chosen to place you in your role at this moment. Why?
- God is wanting to do something through you – there are people that may frustrate you, but they’re in your life at this time for a reason.
- If God thought someone else would do a better job at this moment, He would have called them, but He didn’t. You have been called for such a time as this.