I led the Bible study last night at our Neighborhood Group in Millvale. As they walk the journey toward becoming a church over the next 6 months they are going through the Book of Acts. Here were some of my thoughts from last night on Acts 3:1-10:
We will give & see the world out of what we have & who we’re with.
- You cannot give what you do not have.
- Jim Elliot, “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.”
- Peter & John were not going to the Temple looking to heal someone. It was a normal routine and they simply gave out of what they had.
- You will see the world through the eyes of your habits.
- My habits help dictate my perspective.
- Habits aren’t a bad thing, God made us that way. We just have to be careful that our habits are contributing to the worldview we desire.
- Where you find community will impact what your habits are.
- We all have a built in desire for community and relationships.
- When our parents told us “We will become like those we hang out with”, they were right.
- The voices we listen to in our lives will greatly impact what we do.
- Proverbs 27:17, “As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.”
Ask Yourself these three questions:
- Do I currently have what I want to give?
- Are the habits in my life contributing to the worldview I desire?
- Am I building relationships with those that will spur me onto growth?
Give Your Two Cents Here!