In the world of church ministry, budgets are always tight and money is short. In church planting, this is even more so. If you find yourself in a setting like this, then this post is for you! Below I’ve listed a number of resources that can be utilized by a church at a very reduced price, or even free in some cases:
- Google Apps – Google Apps are a FREE resource that provides the following for any non-profit organization:
- Email Accounts: Unlimited email accounts, 7.42 GB of storage per account, email accounts still function with your domain extension (i.e. email@example.com, not firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Calendars: These can be easily shared within your domain or with other Google Apps users)
- Google Docs: A great tool that allows you to collaborate with other coworkers with online programs that include word processing, presentations and spreadsheets.
- Google Sites: You can create free basic websites as well.
- Google Chat: Allows you the ability to chat quickly with anyone else on your domain without having to send a whole email.
- There are a number of other features, but I’ll stop there. The best part, though, is it’s all free!
- MailChimp – This is a good email marketing program. It is free for organizations that have below 500 subscribers and send under 3,000 emails a month (if your church sends more then this, you’re killing your people with too many emails!).
- Floodgate Productions – This company has great pricing on ministry videos and worship track backs. They also give away free videos on a regular basis and actually have a whole page of free video resources. Their quality is usually pretty high and they seem to have a real heart for ministry!
- MNW Consulting – This is a HUGE resource for churches, especially church plants or smaller churches. It is free computer IT help! This site features forums, topical posts, wiki pages and the ability to contact corporately-trained IT support…all for FREE!
Tomorrow I’ll post a list of free sermon resources.
What other free tech/media resources do you know of?