It’s been a while since I’ve shared a creative idea for Manic Monday, but here we go. For those of you that pastor or are a part of a reproducing church this is for you! Starting next month we are launching a couple new small groups – they are called Neighborhood Groups. These groups are less devotional and more outreach-driven. The goal is to equip followers of Christ to impact the world around them. Here are some of the details:
- They will meet weekly using an outreach-oriented curriculum (Full Flame, Go Fish, Becoming a Contagious Christian)
- Weekly meetings will take place in a community of need, preferably in a home.
- After meeting for at least a month, they will begin doing monthly outreaches in the community they are meeting.
- The purpose of these groups is to provide mature Christians the opportunity to advance the Kingdom of God in their own community.
- A second purpose (this is where it gets good!) is should a group begin to flourish and see both numerical and spiritual growth, we can connect them with a church planter and begin the process for planting in that community.
If you want more details on the concept of Neighborhood Groups, feel free to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.