For those that attend APC or are curious about the new Neighborhood Groups I posted about a couple weeks ago. Here’s a brief synopsis of what they are and what they are not.
The idea of a Neighborhood conveys thoughts of family, unity and safety. Our goal with Neighborhood Groups is to create a sense of family and unity to bring those that are hurting in our communities into this safe place to experience healing & restoration through the power of God.
WHAT WE ARE…
- We are outreach-driven. The harvest is our purpose for existence.
- We are single-minded: Reach the lost.
- We are a community of believers committed to the cause of bringing eternal change to the neighborhoods we live in.
- We are a group of people that accepts individuals as they are without stereotype or assumptions, but prays for God to take them to where they need to be.
- Although we join together weekly, we do not exist for each other, we exist for those who are disconnected from God.
- We are supportive and always strive for unity over victory.
WHAT WE ARE NOT…
- We are not a church gossip club.
- We are not a theological forum for debate.
- We are not in this for ourselves.
- We are not here to discuss our perspective of church, but rather God’s perspective of humanity.
- We are not here to push our own agendas, but the gospel.
- We are not a feel-good devotional Bible study.
- Although we believe prayer is important, we are not a prayer group.
It sounds very exciting Nick. Now how do we get involved?