This morning I continued the ‘God of this City’ series at Allison Park Church. It was my first time speaking at APC and I really enjoyed it. In case you weren’t there (which most of you probably weren’t), here’s a quick rundown of the message:
TEXT: Acts 16:9-30
- Obedience is the result of a choice.
- Obedience doesn’t just happen – we have to be intentional about it.
- Transformation flows out of a life of obedience.
- As we step out in obedience, God will begin to use us to transform our city, our communities and our families.
- Transformation happens one life at a time.
- Jesus didn’t die for a faceless mass of humanity – he died for you and I. For individuals. And that’s how he will transform our city, one person at a time.
- The main action point was this: God wants to transform our city and He’s going to do so through each of us.