For my final post in this series, I wanted to speak directly to those that are working hard in ministry and are single. Just had a few things to encourage and challenge you with:
- God knows where you are. He hasn’t forgotten you and isn’t ignoring you. I know this is basic, but it can be easy to lose sight of.
- Don’t give up on the idea of marriage, but don’t make it your driving passion. A spouse will not complete you, if that’s what you’re hoping for you’ll be disappointed and left still searching for completion.
- Remember, God is working behind the scenes for your good and His glory. (Romans 8:28)
- Don’t use singleness as an excuse for laziness or apathy. As I said in my previous post, you’re just as capable and mature as any married minister.
- Try not to take it personal when everyone tries to set you up with their unmarried cousin, church secretary or youth pastor. They aren’t trying to make you feel stupid, they do this because they really want the best for you.
- Finally, allow your joy and passion for God not to be determined by your environment or surroundings. Let it be founded in your love for a God that cares more about you then any person ever could.